Hybrid role: Client is requiring candidates able to come onsite (3) days per week in one of their Northeast locations (Massachusetts or Connecticut)
- MA – Lawrence
- MA – Lowell
- MA - Beverly Tozer
Mid-level Linux Admin (EAST COAST)
- Top 3 skills
- Larger RedHat ecosystem, such as RHEV, Satellite Server, IPA, SCL.
- Experience with the HPe Proliant/Superdome ecosystem including HP Service Guard, HP Oneview
- Manage, configure, and deploy global infrastructure using automation tools with Ansible, Satellite Server (The Foreman) & CFEngine
The Linux System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day Infrastructure management and support across the globe, with a heavy emphasis on the RedHat/CentOS ecosystem & automation for HPC.
The Linux Administrator serves as a technical expert on systems administration in a large and complex computing environment globally. This position serves as a staff specialist on multiple operating systems like Linux, Unix, and platforms supporting enterprise-wide or large scale computing.
- Experience with the larger RedHat ecosystem, such as RHEV, Satellite Server, IPA, SCL.
- Experience with the HPe Proliant/Superdome ecosystem including HP Service Guard, HP Oneview etc.
- Manage large & diverse Global Linux environment including support, capacity planning, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring in enterprise level data center.
- Manage the lifecycle of global compute & application servers, from acquisition to decommission, as it relates to the hardware and operating system.
- Manage, configure, and deploy global infrastructure using automation tools with Ansible, Satellite Server (The Foreman) & CFEngine.
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages including Python and perl.
- Self-starter, fixes issues when found and takes initiative when weaknesses are identified.
- Approach all tasks with an attitude of automation. Identify and recommend areas of improvement where improvement may be gained.
- Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime and SLA levels. Involve with on-call support routines & ticket management.
- Document process and procedure followed in day-to-day operations as well as new implementation.
- Ability to work well with a global team of highly motivated and skilled personnel - interaction and dialog are requisite in this dynamic environment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience in administering diverse Linux based environments, with heavy focus on RHEL/CentOS ecosystem.
- Minimum 5+ years of Linux/Unix system experience (required).
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience of HPe hardware management and deployment (required).
- Minimum 5+ years of Experience with common scripting languages (bash, perl, python).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with configuration management languages like Ansible, Puppet, Chef (Ansible preferred).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with centralized configuration management system (Spacewalk, Satellite, Foreman).
- Compute cluster experience is a nice to have (LSF, Sungrid, RTDA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
This role may require on-location work with WWT customers. Some customers may require WWT employees and contractors coming on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or to receive frequent negative COVID-19 testing.