· A Principal Engineer/Architect is ahands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functionalexperience to design, implement and support products and product components ona predictable schedule.
· Capable of working under minimaldirection and exercising considerable latitude, they will provide technicalexpertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems,which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Experienced in designingapplication-focused solutions, performing architectural analysis, andidentifying issues and provide solutions for the business problems.
· Sound functional knowledge ofenterprise application architecture in Spend Management domain includingProcurement, Sourcing, and Financial Transaction Processing.
· Work in an agile environment wherequick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
· Lead the design and development ofnew reusable architecture components and major functional upgrades for the mostadvanced capabilities of the Coupa Application Platform.
· Document the solutions leveragingexisting standards and create new templates where required; present them toproject specific governing bodies for review and approval. Consulting skillsare imperative to gain consensus on solutions proposed.
· Work with peers to sponsor the designand architectural changes with a goal of delivering value to customers at everyphase of development and implementation of that design.
· Work alongside Development andProduct Managers to review and/or create the feature designs for themajor/minor releases and also participate in defect analysis for maintenancereleases to ensure the robust functional resolution to the customer facing issues.
· Provide technical guidance andmentoring to engineers, designers and developers.
· Engage cross-organizational teamssuch as Product Management, Integrations, Services, Support and Operations, toensure success of overall software development, implementation and deployment.