· Meets all eligibility requirements of a Registered Nurse I. Works under the supervision of the Director.
· The Registered Nurse II assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and supervises individualized care in a patient care area according to departmental policies and procedures and Nurse Practice Act.
· She/he will individualize patient care based upon the age appropriate and developmental needs and will accept responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the implementation of the plan of care.
· Collaborates with physicians, patient/families and members of the health care team in delivering a plan of care. Utilizes positive communication skills.
· May be required to work on other nursing units according to distribution of staff and patients.
· Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Completes nursing assessment of patient, and documents appropriately into patient record.
2. Develops a plan of care based upon the assessment of patient, age appropriate and developmental needs of the patient.
3. Collaborates with physicians and other health team members in developing a plan of care.
4. Provides, delegates, and coordinates the plan of care.
5. Initiates, manages, and participates in discharge planning.
6. Initiates, manages, and participates in patient/family teaching.
7. Demonstrates implementation skills in accordance with Policies and Procedures. 8. Evaluates and updates patient’s response to plan of care.
9. Maintains professional standards by participating in in services, committees, and performance improvement activities, etc.
10. Facilitates physiological, psychosocial, and spiritual care of the patient. 11. Utilizes positive communication skills to effect conflict resolution and team work.
12. Contributes to cost effective patient care by monitoring use of time, equipment, and supplies.
13. Complies with safety policies and procedures in order to provide a safe environment for employees, patients, and visitors.
14. Demonstrates necessary flexibility in regard to changes in Hospital or unit activities.
15. Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her unit.
16. Acts as preceptor and charge nurse as assigned.
17. Actively participate in achieving departmental goals.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of one (1) year Clinical Registered Nurse experience preferred in specialty areas. Must have successfully completed Client Pharmacology test.
Current California RN license - Required Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards - Required